Are you considering a career in dentistry?
You may be considering a career in dentistry. Or, you may already have decided that you would like to pursue dentistry, and are beginning to learn about the process of applying to dental school. You may be interested in attending dental school in Canada or in the U.S. Or you may be unsure at this point.
Applying to dental school is extremely demanding and gaining admission is competitive. The application process requires that you develop and carefully implement a detailed plan that meets the requirements of the challenge. Our role is to help you develop a strategy that you can execute over a number of years to maximize your chances of admission.
Questions you might have:
- Should I apply to both Canadian and American dental schools?
- Which dental schools should I be considering in the U.S.?
- What options are available?
- Where would I be most competitive?
- What steps should I take to become more competitive?
- How do Canadian and American schools weigh my GPA relative to other components of my application?
- What strategies should I use in choosing my courses and allocating my time?
Extracurricular, Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- What experiences should I focus on to help me stand out from my competition?
- How can I show longitudinal development through my interests and activities?
- How can I gain dental-related work/volunteer experiences?
- How do Canadian and American dental schools use my DAT score?
- What do the Canadian and U.S. versions of the DAT look like?
- What should be the focus of my studying?
- When is the best time to write each version of the DAT?
Letters of Reference
- Who should I ask?
- How should I approach a potential referee?
- How do I manage the process so that my letters arrive on time?
- What is a personal statement?
- What is an autobiographical sketch?
- Which North American schools use it?
- How do I write these documents in a compelling and convincing manner?
- What accomplishments should I highlight?
- How to emphasize and convey certain attributes I possess that make me an excellent candidate?
- What is CASPer?
- How can I best prepare for it?
- Which dental schools are using it?
- How is the test written?
- What types of interviews do Canadian and American dental schools use?
- How do I prepare effectively?
- How do I ensure that my interview performance will provide me with a competitive advantage over other applicants?
- How do I manage challenging interview situations such that I present myself as a capable, polished professional?
Astroff provides coaching sessions to guide you.
Astroff is here to coach you through the process so you are in the best possible position when you are ready to apply to dental school.