We mentor and guide our clients through every step of the process, from profile-enhancing recommendations, to application review, to interview preparation…to matriculation. We like to refer to this process as the Astroff Path – we are there to provide support to our clients throughout their academic journey towards their chosen career path.
We provide guidance and strategic advice to our clients long before – and long after – admission. It is this longitudinal approach that differentiates Astroff Consultants. At Astroff, our support is ongoing and our expertise extends to each stage of our clients’ development. We provide a step-by-step approach to provide the best chance of success, and the specific steps along the Astroff Path that we recommend is targeted to the goal and profile of each candidate that we coach.
Below are descriptions of the types of services that we provide:
Regardless of whether you are currently in high school, a university student, or a mature applicant, you are a future applicant looking to build a competitive profile to maximize your chance of admission when you are ready to apply.
We offer academic planning sessions devoted to profile-enhancing recommendations. Dr. Robert Astroff has also authored books on the admissions process for certain professional school programs.
When a written application is required (such as the personal statement and/or autobiographical sketch), it is often the distinguishing factor for schools deciding among candidates.
Our goal is to work with you to ensure your application highlights your profile and clearly communicates why you should be accepted. We review application documents (including personal statements, application essays, and autobiographical sketches) for Canadian, U.S. and overseas programs. We also review résumés and cover letters to secure employment.
Certain medical schools and nursing schools require candidates to write CASPer as part of the admissions process. What is CASPer?
Like other admissions tests, careful preparation is essential and you can improve your performance by employing strategies to write CASPer effectively.
We have successfully coached candidates in the following interview formats:
- Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) What is the MMI?
- Panel / Traditional Interviews What is Panel Interview?
- Modified Personal Interviews (MPI) What is a Modified Personal Interview?
- Hybrid of Traditional and MMI (e.g. TaMMI)
- CDA Structured Interview What is the CDA Structured Interview?
Please keep us posted about your progress with your application. Of course, we want you to succeed, and that is our mission. Ultimately, there are three outcomes of an application submission:
- You are accepted! If you are accepted at multiple schools, then making a determination about which school to attend can be difficult. We can talk with you about some important factors to consider about the university program, such as reputation, curriculum, student enjoyment, location, support network and cost.
- You are waitlisted. We can walk you through your options and devise a strategy to help you be proactive about next steps while you wait patiently.
- You are rejected. It is extremely disheartening to receive a rejection letter. Analyzing your application to understand where your application fell short is an important step. Also, there are many ways to improve your chances of future admission. We can help you create an action plan for working on weak areas of your profile to improve your chances of admission in the next application cycle. Gaining acceptance can sometimes be a lengthy and involved multi-step process, but it is achievable. We are here to help and support you every step of the way.