Are you considering a career in law?
You may be considering a career in law. Or, you may already have decided that you would like to pursue law, and are beginning to learn about the process of applying to law school. You may be interested in attending law school in Canada, in the U.S., or elsewhere in the world. Or you may be unsure at this point.
Getting accepted to law school is a difficult and lengthy process. Preparing for, and applying to law school, requires the capacity to build upon past lessons to ensure future success. The application process requires that you develop and carefully implement a detailed plan that meets the requirements of the challenge. Our role is to help you develop a strategy that you can execute over a number of years to maximize your chances of admission.
Questions you might have:
Law School Choices
- What law schools should I be considering?
- What options are available?
- Where would I be most competitive?
- What steps should I take to become more competitive?
- How do schools weigh my GPA relative to other components of my application?
- What strategies should I use in choosing my courses and allocating my time?
Extracurricular, Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- What experiences should I focus on to help me stand out from my competition?
- How can I show longitudinal development through my interests and activities?
- How do law schools use my LSAT score?
- When is the best time to write the LSAT?
Letters of Reference
- Who should I ask?
- How should I approach a potential referee?
- How do I manage the process so that my letters arrive on time?
- What is a personal statement?
- What is an autobiographical sketch?
- How do I write these documents in a compelling and convincing manner?
- What accomplishments should I focus on?
- How should I showcase particular attributes?
Astroff provides coaching sessions to guide you.
Astroff is here to coach you through the process so you are in the best possible position when you are ready to apply to law school.