Are you considering a career in medicine?
You may be considering a career in medicine. Or, you may already have decided that you would like to pursue medicine, and are beginning to learn about the process of applying to medical school. You may be interested in attending medical school in Canada, in the U.S., in Europe, in Australia, or elsewhere in the world. Or you may be unsure at this point.
Getting accepted to medical school is a difficult and lengthy process. Preparing for, and applying to medical school, requires the capacity to build upon past lessons to ensure future success. The application process requires that you develop and carefully implement a detailed plan that meets the requirements of the challenge. Our role is to help you develop a strategy that you can execute over a number of years to maximize your chances of admission.
Questions you might have about the medical school application process:
- Which medical schools should I be considering?
- What options are available?
- Where would I be most competitive?
- What steps should I take to become more competitive?
- How do schools weigh my GPA relative to other components of my application?
- What strategies should I use in choosing my courses and allocating my time?
Extracurricular, Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- What experiences should I focus on to help me stand out from my competition?
- How can I show longitudinal development through my interests and activities?
- How can I gain medical-related work/volunteer experiences?
- How do medical schools use my MCAT score?
- What does the test look like?
- What is more important – a high overall score or a balanced score across MCAT sections?
- When is the best time to write the MCAT?
Letters of Reference
- Who should I ask?
- How should I approach a potential referee?
- How do I manage the process so that my letters arrive on time?
- What is a personal statement?
- What is an autobiographical sketch?
- How do I write these documents in a compelling and convincing manner?
- Which awards, extracurricular activities, employment opportunities and experiences should I highlight?
- How to emphasize and convey certain attributes I possess that make me an excellent candidate?
- What is CASPer?
- How can I best prepare for it?
- Which medical schools are using it?
- How is the test written?
- What are the different types of interviews that medical schools use?
- How do I prepare effectively?
- How do I ensure that my interview performance will provide me with a competitive advantage over other applicants?
- How do I manage challenging interview situations such that I present myself as an undeniably capable and polished individual?
Astroff provides coaching sessions to guide you.
Astroff is here to coach you through the process so you are in the best possible position when you are ready to apply to medical school.