The Competitive Landscape
Certain university programs (such as the Ivey HBA or the Schulich BBA Canadian business schools and American Ivy League schools) are extremely competitive. Many students aspire to attend prestigious universities in the U.S. and abroad. However, the admissions process is highly selective. This competitive environment necessitates careful planning in order to stand out from the crowd and secure admission.
Selecting the "Right" University
The task of choosing the "right" university poses a challenge for many students and parents. The decision typically involves evaluation of a myriad of factors to ensure a good match – one that offers a nurturing learning environment as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. It is also important to consider the choice of undergraduate program in light of the student’s academic future goals beyond undergraduate study.
Questions you might have:
- What schools and programs should I be considering?
- What options are available?
- Where would I be most competitive?
- What steps should I take to become more competitive?
- How do schools evaluate my grades in the application process?
- Do the courses I take in high school impact my university applications?
Extracurricular, Work and Volunteer Opportunities
- What experiences should I focus on to help me stand out from my competition?
- How can I show longitudinal development through my interests and activities?
- Which schools require standardized tests and how will my scores be used?
- When is the best time to write the test?
Letters of Reference
- Who should I ask?
- How should I approach a potential referee?
- How do I manage the process so that my letters arrive on time?
- What is a personal statement / application essay?
- How do I write this document in a compelling and effective manner?
- What accomplishments should I focus on?
- How should I showcase particular attributes?
Astroff provides coaching sessions to guide you.
You need to build a competitive profile to maximize your chance of admission when you are ready to apply. We are here to help coach you through this process, so that you are in the best possible position when you submit your university applications.